The Business Outcomes
- The club experienced no downtime since the new solution was implemented.
- Sunnybank have benefited from increased systems reliability and stability allowing the staff to be more productive.
- There has been increased security and protection of critical files including membership details.
- Faster network access, allowing staff to work more efficiently.
- The fixed monthly cost ensures budgeting is easy.
- The system has the flexibility and capacity to grow with the club.
- The IT systems are no longer considered ‘painful’ or a staff frustration.
- The club receives IT support within 1 hour of logging a call and the time to resolve any issues has decreased markedly.
- The club works in partnership with Surety IT to ensure the business outcomes around technology are consistently delivered.
Sunnybank Community and Sports Club were experiencing major technology issues with their backend office IT systems and this was impacting their business.
Some of the challenges included:
- Poor reliability and performance of the server and inability for users to access it leading to delays in sending out member communications.
- Unreliability of backups and inability to restore data.
- Slow internet which was impacting staff’s ability to access critical IT systems in a timely manner.
- Poor windows security in place making it very difficult to manage user efficiently and effectively.
- Unreliable anti-virus security that was leading to virus infections and IT systems outages.
- The existing network setup was causing major issues with other devices including Point of Sale terminals.
To address the project challenges and issues, we implemented our solutions path – a proven process of insight and action that sees us: understand, plan, build, maintain, enhance.
By clearly understanding the issues and challenges that the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club were facing, we were able to plan and build the right solution that delivered the outcomes that they needed.
The solution we built was tailored specifically for the club.
Key aspects of the overall solution were:
- We provided a tailored IT strategy and IT road map that detailed agreed upon priorities, budgets, timescales and responsibilities over a 3 year period.
- Designed and implemented a suitable backup strategy for on-site and off-site backups.
- A hybrid solution with a mix of in-house and cloud based solutions.
- Improved security around critical information assets and IT systems.
- Redesigned the network to ensure that the Point of Sale terminals worked correctly.
- Provided a tailored support solution that catered for the outcomes that Sunnybank Community and Sports Club needed.
- Fully documented the organisation’s IT infrastructure and made the documentation available for the business.
- Are still the ‘one number to call’ for the business in terms of IT support for third party applications.